festive activities are:
- Cooking 108 different delicacies for offering to the Lord
at midnight. (All the foods and drinks are then served to
all the guests and celebrants).
- Darshan (viewing) of the Lord in His specially decorated
murti (statue) form on the flower-laden altar.
- Abhiseka (public bathing) of the form of the
Lord using fruit juices and milk products.
- Bhajanas (devotional songs) sung to traditional
tunes accompanied by traditional instruments (and sometimes
- Dramas re-enacting the pastimes of Lord Krishna.
- Dance in the traditional Indian style, sometimes with
modern innovations, portraying the Lord's pastimes.